Executive Assistant (EA) & Office Manager
Menlo Park, CA
Reports To: Executive Director
Consults With: Associate Director and Senior Leaders
Pay: $58K-$75K, depending on experience
Work Status: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt, Onsite
Effective Date: 9/25/2021
This Office Manager/EA works closely with staff and senior leadership at Open Mind School
(OMS) to conduct administrative responsibilities essential to maintaining the day-to-day
operations and scheduling of the organization. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this
individual will often be the first point of contact for our staff, volunteers, professional visitors and
families. The role requires working comfortably in a fast-paced environment and, being in a
highly visible position, having many people turn to you with questions.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and professional with applicable experience to support our
Executive Director (ED) and take responsibility for our office management. They would be
described as a creative go-getter, willing to readily take on a variety of projects. They prefer a
mission-driven environment with other professionals who want to make a difference. They use
their strong organizational skills, attention to detail, professional attitude, and a social justice
and racial equity lens to ensure a welcoming environment and that all administrative and
front-office business operations run smoothly. Does this describe you? If yes, then OMS is the
place for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
● Provide ED with support, including, but not limited to, vetting and following up on
inquiries, correspondence, and a range of other admin needs.
● Schedule organizational meetings and overall calendar of internal meetings.
● Support key organizational meetings with agenda-building, notetaking and Zoom
calendaring and management.
● Effectively utilize OMS’ communication systems (online, email, phone,
conference room bookings, video conferencing) to ensure effective and smooth
General Office Management
● Manage the front desk, creating a welcoming and organized space for all visitors.
● Answer general inquiries by phone and email and direct requests to appropriate
● Manage and update basic spreadsheets, for example, relating to covid-19
screenings for staff and students.
● Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail.
● Monitor office inventory and order new supplies, appliances, and electronics as
● Communicate with other building tenants and management about any special
needs and events.
● Willingness to take on other related tasks and responsibilities as needed.
● Minimum 2 years of office management and/or administrative experience.
● Advanced skills in the Google Suite, and Microsoft Office applications.
● Ability to adapt to new technology quickly and contribute to improving the way OMS uses
multiple modes of technology.
● Experience working in nonprofits is a plus.
● Excellent organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to
multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
● Strong relational and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
● Interest in growing and taking on new responsibilities over time.
● Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working
and learning environment.
Compensation and Benefits
OMS is proud to offer a very generous benefits package including:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage for individual employees and dependents
Flexible spending account, 401K
Paid federal holidays, sick days, and vacation days
Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
This position is largely sedentary in nature. However, one must possess the ability to speak, hear, write, use a computer and related software programs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Ongoing local and/or national travel periodically required.
About Open Mind School
Open Minds, Silicon Valley is a leader in inclusion and accessibility working with public, private,
nonpublic schools and businesses around the SF Bay Area and beyond. Open Minds, Silicon
Valley operates Open Mind School, a small k-12 nonprofit pilot model school in Menlo Park. Our
world-class team of educators, entrepreneurs, and specialized service providers are working
together to use data analytics to make informed decision making on school learning
environments. We're dedicated to creating and providing a child-centered, personalized
experience that leverages local experiential learning opportunities. Open Mind School's mission
is for all students to access high quality education, enrichment opportunities, and social
experiences in an inclusive and supportive environment. Open Mind School is a public benefit
corporation and nonprofit organization which requires us to meet rigorous standards of social
and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
OMS is an equal opportunity employer.
OMS hires employees regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by applicable law.